Sunday, March 30, 2014

New Work...Architecture

I have been enjoying  using (playing with) my new sewing machine and the oodles of stitches it can do. I have had some encouragement from another happy Janome owner and pretty much took off with the ideas that were floating around in my head.

This piece is from a catalogue that arrived at home from a company called Travelsmith. They sell travel clothing and stuff like that (don't travel, but like the clothes.)

Anyway I was very impressed with the corridor of the Mosque that was on the cover so I ripped the cover off and saved it for future fabric creations. This is my interpretation of the exterior hallway section of the building.
I fused the pieces on then embellished them with different stitches.

1 comment:

  1. I think that this is a beautiful piece, Carol. Aside from the gorgeous stitches, the colors and fabrics you chose are perfect!

    ReplyDelete