Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Doll is done, now onto the next piece!

I did some fabric painting, actually ink, yesterday and today. Did I end up with tons of stuff? No, just two pieces. Here they are -
I used Dyna-flow inks and water to see what happened. The blue one, I let dry overnight, but the green I pressed between parchment paper when wet. It made some cool designs in it too.





And then of course, the Hollyhock Doll is finished with some changes.


I took off the buds and added antique buttons . Voila!


This is made with/by: dyed fabric, freezer paper screened stems, inked buds, embroidered stems, wool felted doll head and body, silk dress and leaves and then quilted a little with heavy thread on a canvas panel.

It has a story on the back too. It says:






Hollyhock Dolls
(Alcea)
Nana May taught me how to make Hollyhock Dolls.
I spent endless hours playing with them and imagining
all kinds of wonderful things that happened in their lives.
When I see hollyhocks now, it reminds me of Nana May,
and I treasure the impact she has made in my life.

Check out more great work by talented gals at  Nina-Maries Off the Wall Fridays.



2 comments:

  1. I'm linking this up for you - since I see you want to include it - love it carol - it was so much fun watching it progress - wait to see where the painted fabric is going! i have my dyna flows here but don't use them that often

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative. Have never seen a doll like this before.

    ReplyDelete