Sunday, March 3, 2013

Resurrected work

I finally decided that a piece I made maybe 1 - 2 years ago was too good to waste. So I cut out the offending section. It was offensive to me - I rule my world - I declared it a good piece with a flaw, so here it is.
I am planning on putting a few more reeds and stitching it together from the back. This piece already has batting and quilting, so it will be done by hand. I think it makes a pretty good composition once I cut the bird with the HONKER beak out.

See more wonderful talent at Nina-Marie Sayres Off the Wall Fridays blog.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you. This is an inviting composition. I hope you will show us what you add in hand stitching from the back. That sounds interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come see me at "Off the Wall Friday!" too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been re-inventing a lot of my older pieces also. I think it is a good practice to revisit things that did not work out the first time. Nothing is really hopeless, we just need fresh ideas about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a photo of how this used to look? I love that you have been brave enough and have the insight to see that a completed piece could be better and willing to cut!

    ReplyDelete