Sunday, September 25, 2011

Can't seem to settle down!

Since my surgery, I have come back making hand bags. Well, I also made a small cocktail type hat and wore that to the wedding in June.
My latest problem is that I want to DO EVERYTHING at once. I just got this fabulous millinery book and want to dive right in, but my other self (Gemini) says to finish up what you started and then go forward with the applique plan for my spring League jury, etc.

I think I have ADHD! I am now looking at my silk vessels as possible hats. I'm just not sure how to make them into hats yet. Once sewn all over, they are still catchy - like spider web feel - and snag easily. If I use stabilizer, they are a bit stiffer and don't snag, but do need to be shaped.

Any input from any friends would be appreciated. I think one of my friends understands how this do everything feels. I think 'm following in her footsteps. Yipes!

1 comment:

  1. I'm very intrigued with your idea to "retro-fit" your vessels into hats...very clever!

    ReplyDelete