Sunday, June 19, 2011

Busy, but not

It was birthday weekend. Mine and my youngest sons, topped off by Father's Day. I got many well wishes, cards and a neat hat or two. I also got three..........count them......three new feet for my new machine.

Yesterday, I attempted to do some machine sewing - making a fabric postcard or two. Discovered why we have thumbs. Thumbs are not only a good idea, but make it easy to hold stuff. I also discovered that my left hand does all the work. My right hand is pretty much along for the ride :)

That little piece of info sent me back to the doldrums. I eventually returned to try again - never give up! I did some more doodling with my machine and 3/4 of my hands. Doesn't look bad if you are 9!
BUT the main point was to check out the machine and HAVE FUN, so I did.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like you had a good one - no thumbs and all!!

    ReplyDelete