Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

A Barn Story...........

Today I would like to give thanks for almost being finished with the barn. We have the new door to put in, but it is almost finished.

Don't get me wrong, the bran looks great now and we have done more than most people would do to their barn, especially when we use it for a garage. It really is a carriage house, but did have horses in it at one time = a barn to me.

Thankfully, it is a post and beam building, so easy to figure out how to work with the structure - kind of like a large erector set, kind of. This one has mortise and tenons, not nuts and bolts, even though we did add some where needed.

Consequently, I have not been working on my favorite fabric pieces and creating wonderful things. :(  Today I may have some time to sit with my threads and do a little embroidery on the Hollyhock Doll piece that I am working on. This piece should be done soon and I will post a pic when it is - promise.
Until then, have a great Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. WOW...what a project! Glad to hear that it is ALMOST done :) and that you will be able to return to creating. Looking forward to seeing a photo of the finished barn & your Hollyhock doll. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete