Friday, November 11, 2011

Gentian mock up

So I took the newly painted fabric and cut it up. What a surprise! I did a little bit of stamping on it, then cut, chopped and discarded lots of little pieces to create this pic of gentian.

The second pic is the approximate size it will be once appliqued. I think some french knots on the stamped branches would imitate the gentian in a small way - but not too many of them.
I will probably baste this today and this afternoon work on my marsh marigolds to get that down on the background. I am still working my thumb, but not too much as I don't want to strain it. Daily (sort of) exercise for the hand works well...............now I just have to do it daily - LOL!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing this "process" photo. Background is great & love the addition of the stamped leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, this is beautiful! Can't wait to see the final result!

    ReplyDelete