Monday, May 30, 2011

Time for reflecting

Yes, I have plenty of time to think about all kinds of things, but foremost in my thoughts are a couple of questions to myself:

"Where do you want to go from here?"
I know that I am working up to making more flowers and things like that, but smaller right now.I don't think that I will have a lot of time to make any large pieces, but as usual, I will see where my muse takes me.
I plan on following my sense of what I think is art and try to not be influenced by those  closest to me. That was one of my jury problems..........following someone else's idea of what looks good, not MY idea. Being true to yourself is not easy when you are an artist. There are so many opinions flying around and trying to be the one in the forefront.

"Do I want to be famous and make lots of money?"
No, not really. I just want to make pieces that speak to people - I know they speak to me.

Enough philosophy...................I just want to use my hand again!
No photos yet - I can't hold my camera! ................   Oh, yea, this was ELECTIVE surgery, remember Carol? (that last sentance was my inner nagging voice speaking)

No comments:

Post a Comment